CGS is currently accepting resumes from qualified professionals for a Senior Coastal Engineer.
Experts in Puget Sound coastal processes, management, and cost-effective design since 1993.
We specialize in analysis, design, and management of beaches, bluffs, and estuaries in the Puget Sound region. We have worked as a small, locally-owned consulting firm for 25 years, providing service with integrity.
CGS has extensive experience in all Puget Sound counties and in the greater Salish Sea region, with hundreds of completed projects and a suite of Sound-wide analyses.
Our expertise includes:
- Coastal erosion and flooding assessment and control
- Shore protection design, including soft shore techniques
- Pre-purchase assessments and other services for landowners
- Nearshore habitat restoration and alternatives to armor
- Estuarine processes and restoration
- Aerial mapping and topographic scanning
- Regional assessments of coastal processes
- Sea level rise, coastal management, and policy guidance
- GIS analysis and spatial data management
- Construction permitting, oversight, and forage fish egg sampling
- Outreach, workshops, and educational programs
[CGS] consulted with us about the beach erosion under one of our cabins…. [CGS] suggested we chain down a large log and let it gather the rest of the beach wood around it. That has been a fabulous solution and we now have a large raft of driftwood and stabilizing vegetation.
— Homeowner association member in San Juan County, 2017